Paragon is seeking an HVAC Engineer to join our team. The HVAC Engineer provides sound engineering principles in design, development, implementation, testing and evaluation (by analytical or other means) for equipment applied in nuclear safety-related projects. Includes development of design drawings, item testing plans, various calculations, and subsequent test reports. This role will provide assistance to a senior level engineer managing complex projects.
- Primary responsibility is to ensure that equipment technical specifications are met, that project scope is performed with adequate engineering rigor while mitigating project risk in order to maintain project schedule and provide the highest quality possible result. HVAC will be a primary project focus, but may be supplemented with mechanical work based on project needs.
- Involved with project scheduling to ensure project deliverables are reasonable for project execution.
- Maintain schedules through interaction with project management, engineering, production personnel and clients.
- Work as a single point of contact for engineering for multiple projects for multiple clients.
- Maintain ongoing project requirements and specifications for multiple projects for multiple clients.
- Perform design reviews with the engineering team to ensure that the design meets the client requirements, GD&T standards and quality is being maintained.
- Preparation of Bills of Materials and purchase orders for material
- Creation and refinement of design and test documentation to capture design intent and document the key aspects necessary to accomplish the quality and documentation goals of a project.
- Commercial Grade Dedication plans, equipment test plans
- Seismic, Environmental, and/or EMI/RFI qualification test plans and reports
- Engineering calculations/evaluations
- Design drawing package creation (including Solidworks CAD, PCB layout/EDA)
- Creation of project documentation to convey they key aspects of a design to a client or manufacturing partner.
- Perform root cause, apparent cause and/or common cause analysis and testing activities, when required.
- Direct communication with clients.
- Work as peer review of documentation prior to client delivery.
- Interaction with the production floor to resolve design and/or testing issues.
- Collaborate with other engineers to increase knowledge/skills.
- Develop analytical processes.
- Share experience.
- Review others designs.
- BS degree in an applicable engineering discipline or equivalent with industry experience (HVAC, industrial, manufacturing) is required.
- Experience in nuclear or a related field is a plus.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus, but not required. EIT mentorship available.
- Experience with SolidWorks software preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Must have knowledge and experience in air handling / chiller systems.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written. A strong candidate must be able to communicate with any and all levels and groups within the organization and shall be able to do so whilst maintaining business professionalism.
- In-depth mathematical knowledge; algebra, geometry, calculus, and their applications.
- Must have strong problem solving skills, capable of coming up with creative approaches for generating new ideas and improving existing processes or products within the bounds of quality and industry regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.