Medical Director, UPMC Neurological Institute – Central Pa.
UPMC Neurological Institute – Central Pa. is seeking a Medical Director to oversee a department of 26 providers to provide clinical and administrative support within our seven hospitals and eight outpatient offices as well as integrate our relationship with telemedicine services.
- Build a comprehensive neuroscience program among our two main and six satellite outpatient practice sites and seven hospitals
- Leadership and management of daily operations that involve medical staff and patient care
- Develop subspecialized clinics in collaboration with our neurosurgery program
- Development of program objectives, plans, policies and procedures, guidelines, protocols
- Active participation in monitoring and evaluating the quality of care
- Achievement of positive patient outcomes
- Management of medical staff performance measures and professional development
- Support and participate in all Joint Commission survey initiatives and further develop Joint Commission programs, specifically Stroke
- Minimum five years clinical experience required
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- Board certified/board eligible
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate patient care
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate positive clinical outcomes
- Competitive salary plus incentive bonus
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional allowance and CME time
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Relocation allowance
For the latest information on provider opportunities at UPMC Central Pa., please contact:
Wayne Saxton, CRNP
UPMC Central Pa.
A $23 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates 92,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors' offices and outpatient sites, and a 4 million-member Insurance Services Division. In central Pennsylvania, the not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. UPMC includes seven acute care hospitals in the region with 1,200 licensed beds, over 150 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 1,100 employed providers, and more than 11,000 employees.
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes—a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live”, we are a two to three hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.