We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic, and collaborative team members. The ideal candidate should have:
- Ph.D. and/or M.D. or equivalent degree in neuroscience, genetics, stem cell biology, bioinformatics, or any related field
- Outstanding record of primary author publications from prior training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Prior experience in any of the following relevant areas is highly desired: stem cell biology in particular human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) and induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs), neuronal in vitro culture, molecular and cell biology, molecular genetics and biochemistry. Additional experience in bioinformatics would be preferred.
To apply, please email your CV and a short cover letter summarizing your research experience and interest along with the contact information of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Highly qualified candidates might be eligible to apply for the departmental Sheryl and Dan Tishman Postdoctoral Fellowship (http://www.einstein.yu.edu/departments/neuroscience/tishman-fellowship.aspx)
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine (http://www.einstein.yu.edu/), recognized by Forbes as one of the nation's top midsize employers, provides a highly interactive and stimulating academic environment for scientists in training. The prospective recruit will join our group which consists of postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and technologists. Lab members will participate in programs within the Departments of Neuroscience, Genetics, the Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine and throughout the school to further their career development. These include weekly journal clubs, work-in-progress seminars, invited talks, workshops as well as social and professional events organized by the Einstein Postdoc office. We are located in a pleasant residential area in the northeast corner of New York City with an easy commute to Manhattan and the suburbs of Westchester County. We offer competitive salary and benefit packages with optional postdoctoral housing on campus.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.