About this position
APIC Consulting Services is a mission-driven infection prevention and control company, that is owned by the nonprofit public health organization, the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC). APIC Consulting is at the forefront of infection prevention and control, assisting healthcare facilities and non-healthcare companies. We are an energetic, innovative company that enjoys working with healthcare teams to make a significant difference.
APIC Consulting is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join our growing, remote team. The Project Manager will facilitate client projects ranging from staffing interim roles within large healthcare systems to managing short-term projects assessing infection prevention at long-term care facilities. The Project Manager will onboard and oversee the work of our qualified infection preventionists who make a difference every day through their work! The candidate must have excellent skills in communication, attention to detail, decision-making, scheduling, budgeting, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Project Manager (PM) provides project oversight and support, as well as customer service for the APIC Consulting Services business lines. This includes acting as the primary point of contact for multiple projects, working directly with clients and APIC Consultants to carry out and oversee project deliverables. Project work may include but is not limited to document creation (contracts, presentations, reports, budgets, etc.), report review, CRM system maintenance, and meeting coordination. The PM will work to ensure that scopes of work are completed on time and within the set budget. Additionally, they will encourage active participation from the consultant and the client point of contact, in order to meet all contractual needs, as defined in the contracted scope of work. definite, and optional. The PM will facilitate and manage consultant orientation and project-specific onboarding. Project management may include the following; supplemental service line development and implementation, organizational marketing support, data analysis, survey management, etc.
The ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, along with strong written and verbal communication, customer service, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is also needed. The PM must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities. This position supports the goals and mission of APIC. This position has visibility and significant interaction with clients and consultants.
The PM exemplifies APIC’s staff core values of Ownership, Unity, and Commitment.
Major duties and responsibilities:
Project Management (40%)
- Utilize team best practices and techniques throughout the project execution
- Develop and track full scale project plans to include specific workplans identifying and sequencing activities needed to successfully complete projects
- Develop, manage, and track project budgets, working closely with the Director of Strategy and Operations and CEO
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, including staff, time, money, equipment, etc.
- Develop project staffing plans
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Develop schedules for project completion that effectively allocates resources to activities
- Review project schedules with management and any other staff that will be affected by the project activities revising schedules as required
- Determine objectives and measures upon which each project will be evaluated at its completion
- Advise key stakeholders on all aspects of project lifecycle, changes and or anticipated risks
- Regularly review and use data from budget versus actuals to inform key budget decisions
- Conduct project evaluations and assessment of results
- Prepare and submit project status reports on contract specific timelines
- Ensure key data are incorporated into workplan updates on a routine basis
Project Execution (25%)
- Oversee execution of multiple projects according to project plans
- Supervise APIC Consultants required to execute projects
- Create and oversee execution of contracts/subcontracts with project support staff, e.g., SMEs, consultants, APIC liaison, internal staff, etc.
- Manage project logistics, including any project travel and APIC Consultant payments
- Collaborate with the client to ensure projects are within scope and budget
- Perform project accounting:
- Track team/consultant/contractor hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- Manage and track project budgets, reporting actual cash flow and variance to management on a regular basis
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring receivables
- Assure project legal documents are appropriately completed, signed, and filed
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates, and utilization
- Work closely with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Review, track, and submit all project deliverables to client, on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality
- Facilitate team, consultant, and client meetings
- Work with the Director of Strategy and Operations and CEO using database techniques to process payments and create invoices
- Ensure that all project documents are complete, current, and filed appropriately. Review and edit documents as needed
- Assist with onboarding new consultants and clients to the organization and projects
Communication and Customer Service (15%)
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to all team members and supervisor
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Write and/or edit web content and contract communications
- Develop professional relationships with APIC Consultants and clients and carefully navigate internal and external relationships
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all stakeholders to facilitate deliverables and avoid potential problems
- Minimize APIC Consulting’s exposure and risk on projects, by proactively raising concerns with next level of supervision
General Department Support (15%)
- Document creation and maintenance for the department
- Participation in team check-ins to provide collaborative solutions
- Offer support for consultant and client pool growth
- CRM Maintenance
- Organizational accounts payable and receivable management
- Business line research, development, and implementation
- Compliance management
- Data analysis
- Survey management
Other non-essential duties as assigned (5%)
Knowledge and Skills required for the position:
- Associates degree, diploma or equivalent, 4-year college degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a successful project manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams) and database management systems. Experience with Teamwork.com, Tracker RMS, Zoom, Doodle, and Bill.com a plus but not required.
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to perform multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with decision-making capability.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to establish or work within an established set of priorities, manage multiple demands and projects, and meet deadlines.
- Results oriented: Ability to prioritize and work at fast pace and meet critical deadlines.
- Budget Conscious: Ability to work within defined parameters and/or communicate updates and barriers as needed.
- Customer service: Works and communicates with clients and customers to satisfy their expectations. Committed to quality service.
- Oral communication: Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner with individuals at all levels, including board members, clients, and consultants.
- Written communication: Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in writing.
- Confidentiality: Ability to work with and maintain the confidentiality of data and information.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to balance heavy workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, address changing priorities, and work well under pressure.
APIC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.