About this position
Regional Sales Manager-Texas
Sales and Marketing
Flexible Scheduling Opportunities
Austin / San Antonio
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Do you want to be “the CEO of a territory”? Do you specialize in property & casualty insurance with an emphasis on commercial lines? Are you excited about building and growing a new sales territory? Society Insurance is seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Regional Sales Manager who lives within the Austin/San Antonio greater metro. The Regional Sales Manager will own the production and profitability goals by prospecting and appointing an independent agency force. If you have commercial-lines experience, a strong independent agency network, and excel working in the field, Society wants to hear from you!
About the Role
- Prospects and appoints the independent agency force within an assigned territory and manages overall performance based on production and profitability.
- Assists underwriting in retaining a book of business and generates new profitable business growth through the agencies.
- Develops and strengthens relationships with our agency force, Society employees, and associations.
- Represents Society at trade shows and conventions and manages leads received at these events.
- Assists agents with risk selection and marketing of company products/services to ensure the right decisions are being made.
- Reviews pending quotes and applications and provides follow up with agency force.
- Gathers information on the competition from agencies, industry networking and department of insurance to ensure company is providing the best products and services possible and makes recommendations.
- Works to build and maintain a consistent pipeline of new business opportunities and partners with the underwriting team in closing desirable business accounts.
- Trains and informs agency personnel on company procedures, products, services, automation, and underwriting guidelines.
- You are approachable, relate well with others, and can gain the trust of others.
- You are customer focused and dedicated to meeting expectations of your customers.
- You are composed, cool under pressure, and can negotiate/settle differences without damaging relationships.
- You have excellent communication and persuasive skills.
- You have a strong business acumen and you understand strategies in the marketplace.
- You are competitive, diplomatic, and establishes rapport and trust quickly.
- You enjoy using logic and analysis to solve difficult problems.
What it Will Take
- Bachelor’s degree + 3 years of experience in Property/Casualty insurance
- Prior field experience and prospecting and appointing independent agencies
- 3-5 years sales experience
- Regular travel is required throughout the assigned territory
- CPCU or CIC insurance designation highly desirable
- Residence location within the assigned territory highly desirable
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.