About this position
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020 and Oklahoma 2022.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Service Technician based in Little Rock, AR.
Service Technicians are responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards while performing skilled work for a variety of operational duties relative to the assigned area of responsibility. This includes manual labor and other duties necessary to accomplish the installation, repair and maintenance of natural gas distribution facilities. Handles customer requests and represents the Company in the community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates gas service, performs leak investigations and makes repairs
- Locates gas lines
- Reads gas meters
- Conducts load surveys
- Completes work order system documentation
- Serves as First Responder in emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient using personal computers and software including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possess a valid state driver's license and present and maintain a good driving record and to operate company vehicles safely and in compliance with applicable laws and company policies
- Gain and apply knowledge of industry and company safety standards and regulations
- Demonstrate an aptitude for basic mechanical tasks and capable of using proper tools for any given job including: installing and reading pressure gauges, voltage meters, pipe locators, repair service lines, bar test and classifying underground leaks; monitoring and adjusting gas system pressure
- Respond to customers with courtesy and knowledge, in person and by telephone, applying good judgment and customer service skills
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Manage multiple tasks, projects or activities through completion
- Adapt quickly and respond well to changing priorities
- Work well independently and in a team-based environment to accomplish assignments and achieve objectives
- Commit to compliance with applicable laws and regulations and other Company policies and procedures and do so consistently. Complete all required training courses in a timely manner
- Adhere to the Company’s values and business practices and do both consistently
- The position is covered under the D.O.T. regulations and Summit Utilities Drug and Alcohol Policy and is, therefore, subject to all terms of the Policy, including the random selection for drug testing.
The position is covered under the D.O.T. regulations and Summit Utilities Drug and Alcohol Policy and is, therefore, subject to all terms of the Policy, including the random selection for drug testing.
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.